Monday 30 March 2015

Neutral palette for Sunshine Coast oasis


Story from Salt Magzine by Penny Shipway
 
When it comes to the home of acclaimed Sunshine Coast artist Amanda Brooks you really can’t judge a book by its cover. 
Amanda is renowned for her stunning and vibrant, contemporary pieces.
Her celebrated series of punchy, floral arrangements are particularly popular in the homes of country Australia.
From lilacs, jacarandas, fuchsias, salmons, teals and canary yellows, the paintings are always bursting with a veritable fruit bowl of colour.
In contrast, her exquisite Noosa hinterland home, perched in the exclusive hills of Doonan, projects more of a neutral Cape Cod style palette of whites, greys, charcoals and timbers and only the exceptional splash of muted colour.
“My paintings are no way, not at all like my home,” Amanda says.
“I love painting bright and bold, but I have to paint different paintings for our home as I prefer to live with restful colours. But I do love the paintings I sell to people who love colour!”
Amanda, who says she can work wonders with a bucket of Napisan, shares her sprawling tropical home with her husband Jason and their three “messy” children: daughter Coco, 8, six-year-old twins Jasper and Indigo and their beloved pets, a blue staffy called Zinzan and two Burmese cats Sophie and Porcini. 
“I love plantation, classic style, one-off individual pieces of furniture and a mix of Asian, coastal and French,” she says.
 
FULL STORY HERE
Photo: Anastasia Kariofyllidis

No comments:

Post a Comment